The Student Room will be visited by millions of students in the run up to results day 2015 and has over 1.8 million registered UK student members. We are able to provide access to this audience and offer a range of resources to support editorial on students, exams and clearing – often on a fast turn-around basis – including:
- Research polls. We can help test student opinion on key exam issues, and generate large samples quickly.
- Soundbites. We can help provide instant feedback on a range of issues and emerging news topics.
- Trends. We can provide insights into stress and sentiment throughout the exam and results period.
- Case Studies. We can help source student, teacher and expert case studies.
For more information on the journalist resources The Student Room can provide please contact:
0800 999 3222
get our press pack
- The Student Room, where students connect logo – 1518 x 800 (.png/.pdf/.tiff)
- The Student Room logo – 1000 x 800 (.png/.pdf/.tiff)
- TSR logo – 538 x 529 (.png/.pdf/.tiff)
- TSR social media icon – 64 x 64 (.png/.pdf/.tiff)
- TSR logo usage guidelines (.pdf)
Please respect the time and effort that went in to creating our brand and avoid:
- Stretching or distorting the logo in any way
- Displaying the logo at an angle
- Using another typeface within the logo
- Using the logo on a background image or graphic that makes it unclear
- Changing the colour of the logo elements
- Attempting to redraw the logo if you do not have access to the original The Student Room, where students connect logo
Latest press releases
20/01 One in five students reveal they regret their university choice
10/01 Plastic surgery, protein powder and pets: new research reveals most outrageous student spending
11/16 95% of students more likely to challenge exam results as faith in the system shaken
28/11 Almost two thirds of students influenced by north-south divide in university choice
24/06 Brexit: Youth voice ignored, 82% 16-17 year olds vote remain
17/06 New research reveals 1 in 10 students have taken study drugs
18/05 GCSE students fuming over biology exam with ‘no biology in it’
23/03 Students say apprenticeships are a “great option” with a “bad reputation”
11/03 Half of current A-level students would be ‘too embarrassed’ to admit using Clearing
13/02 53% of sexually active students have never been tested for STIs
19/01 A third of 2016 applicants having second thoughts about their uni choice
04/01 One in three students skip meals for a day or more to cope with costs
16/12 Research shows divide between teachers and students over university application support
09/10 Students demand right to know teaching qualifications of lecturers, new survey reveals
14/09 Two thirds of students quit extra-curricular activities to make time for study
07/08 Parents are stressing students out ahead of results day
04/08 Concern about university costs on the rise, new research finds worry about student debt doubled in the past two years
25/06 Ultimate frisbee, fencing and yoga increases chances of job after university
15/06 Exam cheating in the UK is rife
18/05 A Student’s plan to revolutionise the music industry wins a £9,000 scholarship with University of East Anglia in association with The Student Room
15/05 Record breaking number of students turn to The Student Room seeking advice for exam stress
13/05 New award to find which university lives up to its marketing promises
25/03 The Student Room plans to register enough new student voters to swing the results as part of its 2015 General Election campaign
18/02 The Student Room partners with Radio 1 to bring advice to millions of students
Options 2015 – Third annual survey of 5,722 UK students looking at careers advice, motivating factors to going to university and the university application process.
download Options 2015
Conversion Report ‘The Secret to Successfully Converting Students’ – This report looks at what factors influence a student’s firm and insurance choices. And how marketers should focus their efforts around swinging this decision in their favour.
download Conversion report
Loved By Students – A survey that asked 1,603 14-24 year olds across the UK about brand choices, uncovering facts about young peoples lifestyle choices based on what they’re buying into.
download Loved By Students report
Options 2014 – In the study of 6,371 students on The Student Room, students give us insight into the lack of career advice, reasons for going or not going to university, and the realities of funding their education.
2014 Youth Odyssey – A collaboration between The Student Room and UM London that explores 15-21 year olds’ attitudes on influences, spending, employment and decision making.
Options 2013 – An investigation into the attitudes of A-level students regarding careers advice, motivating factors to going to university and the university application process.