The Student Room Group are looking for a Account Director to join our fantastic team based in the heart of Brighton.
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does an Account Director at TSR do?
Working within our education sales team, you will be developing relationships with our clients at the highest level, building and actioning a clear sales plan, and mentoring your team of Account Managers.
The Student Room’s product range is a blend of traditional online advertising, social media engagement and research products, which help clients connect to our booming online youth community. You will develop into an online advertising expert, so that you are completely confident in digital marketing terminology and the new and emerging technologies within the sector.
Key role responsibilities
- Develop senior level contacts across organisations
- Work collaboratively with all internal stakeholders
- Be a passionate advocate of why TSR matters to our clients and our users
- Be an expert internally and externally within the online advertising space and the Higher Education industry
- Deliver engaging, effective sales presentations that provide a clear message to all existing and prospective clients
- Demonstrate leadership and mentor junior team members
- Strategic focus across entire territory, developing senior relationships in select accounts within wider patch
- Feed into product development roadmap
- Develop annual strategic plans for each client in excess of £100k per annum
- Set, monitor and execute personal objectives
- Develop and maintain excellent levels of market knowledge/leads through networking, event attendance, trade press etc.
This opportunity will suit someone who has
- Substantial client facing sales experience, working within digital and online media sales/agencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of Higher Education sector or experienced managing complex client accounts
- High levels of initiative, is a self- starter and can work both autonomously and within a team
- Proven sales successes and achievements to date
- Experience of closely working with targets and KPI’s
- A driven and goal orientated personality with a high tempo work ethic
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change, is creative, curious and prepared to ask questions and think outside the box
- Ability to see the bigger picture, is tenacious, resilient and has a strong desire to succeed
- Capability to connect and understand different types of people, communicate at all levels with social confidence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presentation skills, is organised and structured in their approach to work
- A degree or equivalent level of education (this is desirable not essential)
Working at TSR
We really cares about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including-
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
To apply for this position, please send us your current CV and a cover letter. We would love to know more about you and your career aspirations, plus your salary expectations. If you send these documents to email@example.com we will be sure to include you in our shortlisting processes.
To stay up to date on all of our vacancies then please follow us on twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn