The Student Room Group are looking for a Commercial Product Owner to join our fantastic team based in the heart of Brighton.
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does the Commercial Product Owner at TSR do?
The Commercial Product Owner is newly created, pivotal role in our organisation. The position will help to drive Sales and Marketing effectiveness within our B2B team by bringing clarity, confidence and support to not just the team, but to the business.
You will take ownership of our sales and marketing optimisation strategy which is one of 3 core strategies for the company, focusing on continually increasing team effectiveness and efficiency.
Understanding both our product set and the systems and processes the team use, you will identify and prioritise changes to maximise team performance. You will work closely with our existing team of Product Owners, sharing knowledge and best practice.
We have some really interesting projects planned, so this role will be joining the team on a permanent basis.
Key role responsibilities
You will be working in conjunction with our marketing, client services and sales teams, translating business requirements into executable roadmap features, and in doing so, figuring out the detail and resolving the what-ifs.
You will be responsible for project delivery from idea through to delivery along with an ongoing view of the success of the projects you’ve launched. You will ensure that all projects are delivered to a high standard and remain aligned to TSR’s commercial requirements.
Maintaining an effective roadmap, coordinating the different departments to deliver on your vision and to ensure the right resources are available at the right time is key to guarantee optimal performance of our team. You will work closely with our B2B management team to ensure the best results.
Additional responsibilities include-
- Identifying market potential (client, Student & Competitor)
- Managing the product roadmap
- Regular progress reports to project board
- Outward and inward looking to drive strategy forward
- Ensuring strong alignment to the roadmap across the team
- Pulling together feature and performance metrics for product packs
- Product launch preparation and training
This opportunity will suit someone who has a proven track record as a Product Owner in:
- Interacting with business stakeholders of all seniority levels
- Leading project plans and longer-term project roadmaps
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Capturing requirements and documenting as user stories
- Business process modelling (UML)
- Sales force CRM optimisation and management
- Prioritisation of work, ability to calculate ROI and payback period
- Defining objectives and measuring success post-project delivery
- Delivering impactful products
- Understanding of the sales funnel and supporting processes
- Solutions orientated with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding that data drives what we build
- Data and systems analysis skills including data interrogation via SQL
- Experience of working in agile development lifecycles
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral
- Have a professional and friendly manner
- Be bright, with strong verbal, numerical and negotiation capability
- Relevant role specific qualifications
Working at TSR
We really care about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including-
- A competitive salary
- Generous commission scheme based on team targets
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
TSR is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Does the above role sound like the next step in your career? If so, we encourage you to apply by sending us your current CV and a cover letter. We would love to know more about you, your career aspirations and salary expectation. Send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to include you in our shortlisting processes.
To stay up to date on all of TSR’s vacancies then follow us on twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn