The Student Room Group are looking for an Education Sales Manager to join our fantastic team based in the heart of Brighton on a fixed term contract.
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does the Education Sales Manager at TSR do?
Heading up our Education Sales team, whilst reporting to the Sales Director, this role ensures focus and effectiveness from the team. Providing accountability and visibility to client engagement and pipeline management are key aspects for the role, along with ensuring delivery and over achievement of financial team targets.
There are 17 members of TSR’s sales team, and this role specifically assists growth and high performance for two Account Directors, two Key Account Managers and two Account Managers. Guiding, mentoring and supporting these individuals is fundamental to success within the role, alongside a willingness to work closely with the team to resolve challenges and identify revenue generative opportunities.
The Education Sales Manager is an exciting opportunity to provide energy and confidence to support not just the team, but the business as a whole, and requires someone with a clear and calm focus and experience of delivering sales targets.
This is a fixed term contract which will cover a period of maternity leave until September 2019. We are looking for someone to join us as soon as possible.
Key role responsibilities
- Enthusiastically drive and develop the sales team to ensure they are passionate about our products and have the ability and tools required to develop and retain our customer base through calls/emails, research, known contacts, cold calls, networking and new business development meetings
- Provide a culture and working sales environment where there is clarity of purpose, KPI’s, goals and accountability for each team member
- Drive CRM use and effective pipeline management ensuring clear and reliable outputs on monthly and quarterly expectations
- Identify key challenges for team members and advise/support them to generate positive outcomes
- Provide strategic input into team development in support of the Sales Director
- Help develop and deliver engaging, effective, sales presentations and high value proposals that deliver a clear message to all our existing and prospective clients
- Be aware of all market trends and developments and address these to maximise team effectiveness
- Develop positive relationships with key internal staff to aid sales objectives
This opportunity will suit someone who has
- Experience of working in digital and online media sales in fast growth, competitive environments
- People management experience within media sales
- Experience in working with HEI’s (marketing departments) or Student Recruitment Agencies (highly desirable)
- Self-motivation, drive and a goal oriented, high tempo work ethic
- Ability to lead and handle change
- Social confidence with the ability to connect and understand different types of people
- Excellent communication skills such as written, verbal, numerical and presentation expertise
- Ability to work in an organised and structured manner
- Financial motivation and drive to achieve the best results
- A degree or equivalent experience (desirable)
Working at TSR
We really care about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including-
- A competitive salary
- Generous commission scheme based on team targets
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
TSR is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Does the above role sound like the next step in your career? If so, we encourage you to apply by sending us your current CV and a cover letter. We would love to know more about you, your career aspirations and salary expectation. Send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to include you in our shortlisting processes.
To stay up to date on all of TSR’s vacancies then follow us on twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn