The Student Room Group are looking for a Partnerships Manager to join our fantastic team based in the heart of Brighton.
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does a Partnerships Manager at TSR do?
The partnerships manager role is a new and exciting position that will provide support and optimisation to the fast-growing commercial partnerships model.
The partnership model is where TSR and partners objectives meet to create change for the student community. This approach is creating impressive outcomes and the partnerships manager will be central person in ensuring its longer-term development and success.
Working as a member of our client services team, and reporting to the Client Services Manager, the partnerships manager will work with our experts within TSR to realise and help to meet our client’s objectives. Externally they will be working with a variety of organisations which include education, Government and consumer brands, where they will become central to the smooth and successful execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns with some of our most loved client partners.
The role will suit someone who is well organised, have a good understanding of digital marketing and be a great communicator – an absolute champion of our core company values.
Key role responsibilities
- Play an active role in the pre-sale process and proposal build for potential clients, working with key account managers and sales managers
- Design, monitor and take accountability for all project timelines
- Organise all stakeholders required to deliver effective partnership projects including; Sales, Client Services, Editorial, Community, Production
- Own communication and meetings with stakeholders as required
- Monitor costs alongside the finance team to ensure that projects are delivered within budget requirements
- Be accountable for optimisation of spend and the tools to guarantee maximised performance and ROI
- Complete reporting of performance on weekly/monthly basis
- Interact with clients across the partnership lifecycle including; pre-sale, progress, renewal
- Continually develop the partnership model for efficiency and innovation
- Input into the development of the TSR Sales and Marketing Strategy
Sales & Marketing Plan Execution
- Ensure that the Marketing Road Map is delivered on time and escalate actions points as necessary
- Ensure that all deadlines are kept to and flag to appropriate stakeholders when they aren’t
- Own all relevant plan documentation
- Keep stakeholders well informed and up to date on progress, plus clearly communicate their responsibilities
- Brief the Sales and Marketing Directors on issues in fortnightly meetings and whenever relevant
This opportunity will suit someone who has
- Strong commercial & business awareness
- Proven ability to evidence a solid track record of handling complex project delivery and associated requirements
- Project management skills i.e. PRINCE2 (highly desirable)
- A diligent and client focused attitude
- Demonstration of ability to build and maintain strong B2B client relationships
- Confidence to hold people to account and approach challenging conversations in a constructive manner
- Public speaking experience (highly desirable)
- Degree or equivalent educated (desirable not essential)
- Experience of working in digital and online media or fast growth, competitive environments
Working at TSR
We really cares about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including-
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including what vacancy you are applying for and your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com
To stay up to date on all of our vacancies then please follow us on twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn