Founded in 2001, The Student Room (TSR) is the UK’s largest, most useful and best-loved online student community. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
TSR Labs will continue our quest by taking global-scale growth concepts to market, that deliver on our vision of ensuring that students get the best possible support in life.
We are now building the team to quickly develop and market the first of these concepts – a global web application that will have a transformative impact on both students and academic institutions. More detailed product information will be available later in the recruitment process.
This is an exciting green-field opportunity to lead in building a ground-breaking product using the very latest technologies. You will be amongst the first members of a new fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
This is an entrepreneurial role with responsibility for rapidly developing the front-end of a brand new world-class Single Page Application for clients, and Progressive Web Application for students.
You will work closely with graphic designers, backend developers, subject matter experts, and our CEO/Product Manager, whilst being inspired by feedback from pioneer clients and students. In addition:
What does success in 6 months look like?
- You will have successfully built from scratch the front-end of both the Client SPA and Student PWA.
- You will have worked with the back-end developers to create and optimise the design of the API that the front-end will communicate with.
- The front-end will have evolved significantly based on the needs of our pilot clients and student feedback.
- The founding team you work with will run as an efficient and highly productive unit.
- You will work in a supportive manner with other team members and provide them with the support and coaching for them to grow.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to own the system design and implementation of the front-end of our platform; designing, planning and ensuring the best technologies and tools are used for the job. Working in conjunction with graphic designers, you will create beautiful app and web experiences.
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures. You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains and help students globally.
- Proficiency with React/React Native
- Single Page App experience
- Progressive Web App experience
- A real passion for UI/UX and good attention to detail
- Graphing/data representation experience
- Good partner management and communication skills
- The ability to provide technical leadership
Working at TSR – benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
TSR is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay up to date on all of TSR’s vacancies then follow us on twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn