We’re Hiring – Account Executive, Brands and Accommodation
We are looking for a Account Executive, brands and accommodation to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does a Sales Account Executive at TSR do?
Reporting into an Account Director, you will be responsible for managing a defined list of clients within the brand and accommodation verticals by growing revenue through renewals and converting inbound marketing driven leads, whilst also nurturing and developing our long tail prospective clients.
The Student Room’s product range is a blend of traditional online advertising, social media engagement and research products, which help clients connect to our booming online youth community. We will help you develop into an online advertising expert, so that you are completely confident in digital marketing terminology and the new and emerging technologies within the sector.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Be passionate about our products, developing and retaining our customer base through incoming calls/emails, research and account development.
- Develop strong, long lasting relationships with key decision makers with a focus on the Student Accommodation and brands verticals
- Ensure a rolling and clearly defined list of key prospects
- Deliver engaging, effective sales presentations that provide a clear message to all existing and prospective clients
- Ensure all CRM, pipeline and sales activity log requirements are completed efficiently and thoroughly
- Share market feedback with internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the sales team
- In conjunction with our client services team, ensure efficient management of clients’ campaigns from start to finish
- Ensure tasks are delivered on time and with accuracy
- Regularly monitor your personal objectives
- Develop and maintain good levels of market knowledge/leads through networking, event attendance, trade press etc.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company.
This opportunity will suit someone who is…
- Experienced from working in digital and online media sales in fast growth, competitive environments (highly desirable not essential)
- Able to evidence their proven sales successes and achievements to date
- Experienced in working with targets and KPI’s
- Self-motivated, driven and is goal orientated and takes respnsibility for their success
- Able to embrace and adapt to change
- Socially confident and can connect and understand different types of people
- Excellent at communicating both face to face, in writing and can deliver effective presentations.
- Creative and curious and is prepared to ask questions and think outside the box
- Financially motivated and driven to achieve commission
- Degree or equivalent educated (desirable not essential)
Salary: to £25k
Working at The Student Room
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness, and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly, and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter and your current CV to email@example.com