We’re Hiring – Account Manager
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our fantastic team in the heart of Brighton.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does an account manager at TSR do?
Working within our Student Accommodation sales team, you will be responsible for managing a defined list of key accommodation clients by growing revenue through new business and renewals, whilst also nurturing and developing our long tail prospective clients.
The Student Room’s product range is a blend of traditional online advertising, social media engagement and research products, which help clients connect to our booming online youth community. You will develop into an online advertising expert, so that you are completely confident in digital marketing terminology and the new and emerging technologies within the sector.
Key role responsibilities:
- Proactively drive sales, be passionate about our products, developing and retaining our customer base through incoming calls/emails, research, known contacts, cold calls, networking, account management and new business meetings.
- Develop strong, long lasting relationships with key decision makers with a focus on the Student Accommodation industry
- Ensure a rolling and clearly defined list of key prospects
- Deliver engaging, effective sales presentations that provide a clear message to all existing and prospective clients
- Ensure all CRM, pipeline and sales activity log requirements are completed efficiently and thoroughly
- Share market feedback with internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the sales team
- In conjunction with our client services team, ensure efficient management of clients’ campaigns from start to finish
- Ensure tasks are delivered on time and with accuracy
- Regularly monitor your personal objectives
- Develop and maintain good levels of market knowledge/leads through networking, event attendance, trade press etc.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company.
This opportunity will suit someone who has
- Experience in working in digital and online media sales in fast growth, competitive environments (highly desirable not essential)
- Ability to evidence their proven sales successes and achievements to date
- Experience of working with targets and KPIs
- A self-motivated, driven and goal-oriented approach and takes responsibility for their success
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change
- Social confidence with the ability to connect and understand different types of people
- Excellent communication skills both face to face, in writing and can deliver effective presentations
- Creative and curious mindset and is prepared to ask questions and think outside the box
- Drive to achieve commission and is financially motivated
- Degree or equivalent (desirable)
Working at The Student Room
We really care about our employees’ development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Generous commission structure based on both personal and team targets
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Fresh fruit
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TSR is dedicated to creating an inclusive working environment that encompasses diversity and equal opportunities. We are committed to supporting a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.