We’re Hiring – B2B Marketing Manager
We are looking for a B2B Marketing Manager to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most-useful, and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we are uniquely privileged to connect educators and employers to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
As we grow and develop the business, we are now looking to recruit a B2B Marketing Manager.
What does the B2B Marketing Manager at TSR do?
As a B2B Marketing Manager, you will use your passion for the Higher Education sector and love of supporting young people, to communicate to our clients and external partners why TSR matters. You will be central to the growth of The Student Room, ensuring that clients past, present and future are aware of how we support young people, how we support our clients and what our audience is thinking in these ever-changing times.
Working in partnership with the Sales Director, Head of Sales Effectiveness and Account Directors, you will be given the opportunity to initiate and be involved in a wide range of marketing and sales activities, helping to keep The Student Room and our audience at the forefront of our clients’ minds.
You will design and deliver our B2B marketing plan including a regular webinar series, designing communications collateral, implementing email campaigns, and maintaining our online profile such as on LinkedIn and Twitter. You will also be responsible for the management, mentoring and development of a Marketing Executive. .
Key role responsibilities:
- Understand The Student Room’s commercial and organisational imperatives and develop an innovative B2B marketing strategy in line with our business, brand and commercial goals
- Design and create engaging marketing campaigns using the most effective channel mix, ensuring spend is within budget
- Review campaigns and share monthly reports showcasing opportunities and revenue generated from inbound and campaign leads
- Ideate, own and deliver a creative content marketing plan
- Implement an automated customer contact strategy and product renewal program
- Build relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure commercial needs are being supported
- Drive the B2B brand and advocate for consistency across all commercial departments
- Produce impressive sales collateral and sales support documentation and run the training of those resources
- Reinvigorate an exciting and busy events programme including conferences, exhibitions, webinars, podcasts and more
- Management of B2B Marketing Executive and weekly meetings to manage progress and KPIs
- Be the B2B Marketing lead in strategic department projects that support commercial team objectives
- Be a passionate advocate for young people and the Higher Education sector
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
- Experience of working within a B2B marketing role (desired)
- A strategic and commercial way of thinking
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of segmenation & messaging within complex client structure
- Experience of CRM optimistation – maximising opportunities with current client database, implementing customer contact strategies and retention strategies
- Excellent organisational, time planning and prioritisation skills
- Experience of using digital, social and direct marketing channels to create compelling campaigns
- Experience of working within Higher Education marketing (desired)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using a CMS (Content Management System)
- An ability to create (and proofread) compelling content
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to embrace, adapt to change and manage a high workload,/li>
- Line Management skills (desirable)
Working at The Student Room
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness, and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly, and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
Salary: c. £40k per annum
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter
(including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com