We’re Hiring – Community Manager – Universities and Pathways
We are looking for a Community Manager to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful, and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does the Community Manager – Universities and Pathways at The Student Room do?
Reporting to the Head of Community Engagement, this role plays a pivotal role in engaging our community and helping young people to make the right decision for them.
Working within our Marketing and Engagement team you will be a champion for students on site, proactively working to increase the number of students engaging within our online community, whilst ensuring we continue to empower and support students to choose the right pathway for them. You’ll be an expert in your area, understanding the complex application process for students looking to reach the next stage of their education. You will develop a detailed knowledge of the student journey (and what influences it) so that you can be best placed to develop relevant, and innovative, engagement campaigns for a Gen Z and Gen Alpha audience.
A good understanding of the student and youth audience will enable effective working with colleagues in the Marketing and Engagement team. As a key member of the team, this role helps to drive our Apply Now (year 13), Results (year 13), and University choices (year 12) campaigns.
As a strong influencer and relationship-builder, especially with key partners in the sector, you will communicate effectively with stakeholders across multiple levels of seniority.
This role also works closely with our wonderful team of volunteers to nurture and develop our online forums, create new and innovative content campaigns that support our current users on-site, and generate engagement across The Student Room.
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
- A passion for supporting students and young people with empathy for the challenges they face
- A strong understanding of GenZ and Gen Alpha and what appeals to them
- Experience in community management
- Fantastic communication skills with the ability to effectively engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders – from secondary school students to education policymakers
- The ability to comprehend technical and statistical information, and produce both complex and straightforward analysis according to the audience
- Expert knowledge of the Education sector, specifically HE and the application/decision-making process
- Excellent organisational, time planning, and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on accuracy
- The ability to multi-task to complete jobs to strict deadlines
- A positive, proactive ‘can do’ attitude and desire to develop self and area of work
- A genuine passion for supporting students and young people
- Great knowledge of the UK education system and the challenges facing students throughout school, college, and university
Working at The Student Room
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness, and work-life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly, and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday, although we are happy to consider part-time applicants.
Salary: c. £30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Hybrid working: we work remotely, or from our central Brighton office.
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com
For the most up to date details regarding all of TSR’s current vacancies please visit http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/join-the-team or find us on LinkedIn.
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.