We’re Hiring – Digital / Graphic Designer
We are looking for a Digital / Graphic Designer to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we are uniquely privileged to connect educators and employers to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
We are driving a student first mentality. This enables us to build products that students need where we can apply our USP. A combination of innovative backend and efficient front-end developments are key to the customer value of our products.
Within our department, we pride ourselves on staying true to a set of core values which define the work we produce. These values include:
- Putting our users first, to build great products that help them and listen to their feedback at all stages of product development.
- Striving for high accessibility standards for our products.
- Being conscious of our users’ privacy and ensuring their online safety at all times.
- Being innovative and always trying to improve industry standards.
What does a Digital / Graphic Designer at The Student Room do?
We are looking for a Digital/Graphic Designer that can bring something special to our business. Reporting to the Senior Product Designer, you will fulfil design requests from B2B and B2C marketing. This will include email, printed material, and web assets such as display banners, social and sales presentations. You will also assist product design with UX tasks such as user and design research, so an understanding of user centric design principles is a plus.
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures. You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains and help students and clients alike.
This role is a on a part time basis, 30 hours per week.
Relevant skills and experience:
- Relevant design experience and qualifications
- Experience in Adobe creative suite: InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator
- Experience in After Effects and Figma is a big plus but not essential
- Interpret design briefs to determine requirements and timelines with stakeholders, managing your own workload
- Develop concepts, designs, and illustrations that can be utilised across a range of marketing materials (including social, email, web, and print)
- Communicate and justify design decisions to stakeholders whilst simultaneously analysing and incorporating feedback
- Maintain brand consistency, working with brand guidelines throughout all our marketing campaigns and channels
- Keep up to date with design trends and best practices with excellent design, layout, and typographic skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, juggling conflicting priorities within what can be tight timescales at times
- Assist product designer when needed with user and UX design research
- Experience in design thinking and integration design a bonus but not essential
This opportunity will suit someone who has / is:
- Is solution driven and thinks outside the box
- Has a strong and natural flare for art and design
- Can generate quick concepts and realise ideas
- Can adapt to a broad range of artistic styles
- An ability to follow existing styles and brand guidelines
- Understands internet use and common user experience practices
- Enjoys keeping up to date with the ever moving internet landscape and popular websites, with a focus on youth sites
Working at The Student Room
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Dedicated training budget for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
To apply for this position please email email@example.com.
TSR is dedicated to creating an inclusive working environment that encompasses diversity and equal opportunities. We are committed to supporting a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills .
Moving forward, the role includes the possibility / option of remote working on either a temporary, permanent or mixed basis.
Salary: c. £28k per annum based on 30 hours per week