We’re Hiring – Market Research & Insight Manager
We are looking for a Market Research & Insight Manager to join our fantastic team in the heart of Sheffield.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
Based in Sheffield, TSR Insight is the research division of TSR which offers a full-service market research and insight consultancy. Through innovative qualitative and quantitative primary research, secondary research, consultancy and our portfolio management MEDE Reports, TSR Insight is in a unique position to support clients in the world of youth marketing and education.
What does a Market Research & Insight Manager at TSR Insight do?
Reporting to the Market Research Consultant, the Market Research & Insight Manager is an important client facing role for TSR Insight. This role has responsibility for the management and delivery of both primary qualitative and quantitative research projects and data analysis for our market reports.
An all-rounder, and as confident in undertaking data analysis as moderating a focus group, the Market Research & Insight Manager will deliver excellent projects, working closely with the rest of the team at TSR Insight, our clients and wider colleagues within the TSR Group.
The role will represent TSR Insight with clients, the sector and the wider market research industry, therefore it offers an excellent opportunity to help support and influence key decisions within the education and youth markets.
Key role responsibilities:
● Project manage primary research, including both qualitative and
● Work with clients to expand upon briefs and design and deliver effective,
engaging proposals to meet clients’ research objectives.
● Manage internal and external teams for the duration of projects,
including external sub-contractors where required, for both qualitative and
quantitative research, and project elements such as recruitment.
● Work closely with internal TSR Group colleagues to ensure that those
invited to take part in primary market research, are treated in a way that
values their time and input and adheres to the Market Research Society
Code of Conduct and GDPR.
● Ensure that the right people are invited and incentivised to take part in
the right projects, in the right way and at the right time.
● Analyse data and create reports of findings and insights that confidently
supports and guides our clients’ decision making.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and will evolve with
the ongoing needs of the company.
This opportunity will suit someone who has
- Confidence and experience alongside a proven track record working
in a market research project management role.
- Excellent data analysis and report writing skills with exceptional
attention to detail
- Experience using online research tools such as Survey Monkey
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- The ability to synthesise findings to key insights and present
confidently to clients.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of a range of research
methods, meaning that the most effective and high quality approach
can be delivered to clients.
- Experience of the higher education market – this is desirable but not
essential as training will be provided.
- The ability to think commercially and deliver the very best work for
- An ongoing commitment to personal and professional development.
Working at TSR Insight
We really care about our employees’ development, happiness, wellness and
work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working
environment in the heart of Sheffield, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits
• 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
• Your birthday day off
• Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
• Group Life insurance
• Generous pension scheme
• Private healthcare
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Cycle to work Scheme
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.