We’re Hiring – Product Manager
We are looking for a Product Manager to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we are uniquely privileged to connect educators and employers to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
We are driving a student first mentality. This enables us to build products that students need where we can apply our USP.
What does a Product Manager do at The Student Room?
We are embarking on the largest scale, ground up re-build The Student Room has ever seen. We’re looking for a Product Manager with a broad range of experience to join, and drive forwards, our websites, and be a core part of this venture.
We’re seeking someone who has a proven track record in product management, has experience in an agile working environment, and is happy to work on new opportunities as they occur as well as long term strategies. You will take pride in your work and strive for success.
You’ll report to our Head of Product, but be happy to own your own initiatives and processes and be confident to pitch ideas and provide updates off your own back. You will be a key voice of the customer within the Production department and will create and maintain strategic roadmaps, taking into account customer feedback as well as data insights and market analysis. You will also work closely with our SCRUM teams, helping to craft user stories, prioritise the product backlog, and take part in key agile ceremonies such as refinement and reviews.
If you have a compelling CV to share with us and you have experience in transforming digital platforms through design, then we’d love to work with you.
Skills and Experience
- Experience owning product vision and managing product roadmaps, working with stakeholders internally and externally to identify opportunities and prioritise
- Customer focused with a passion for identifying and solving user problems while also keeping up to date with latest and emerging industry trends
- Happy to work independently, and experience in whole product development life-cycle from concept to launch
- Ability to pull together and lead cross functional teams to perform product discovery
- Ability to understand complex problems quickly and a demonstrable track record of providing solutions for customers
- Test and learn approach to quickly validate ideas
- Data driven to ensure KPIs are defined and measurable
- Ability to influence without line management and gain the confidence of internal and external stakeholders quickly
- Familiarity with user testing, customer interviewing, market & competitor analysis, and its role within the product development lifecycle
- Experience working in an agile environment with designers and development teams in prioritisation and backlog management
- Previous experience working with youth brands or communities
- Previous experience with an agile way of working
This opportunity will suit someone who:
- Is solution driven and thinks outside the box
- Is highly organised, and is not afraid to push back if needed
- Can generate quick concepts and realise ideas
- Understands internet use and common user experience practices
- Enjoys keeping up to date with the ever moving internet landscape and popular websites, with a focus on youth sites
- Works well under pressure with strong attention to detail
Working at The Student Room
We care about our employees’ development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, and your birthday off
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
Salary: c.£45 – 55k per annum, depending on experience
37.5 hours per week
This role includes the possibility / option of remote working on either a temporary, permanent or mixed basis. Our office is based in central Brighton.
How to Apply
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the most up to date details regarding all of TSR’s current vacancies please visit http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/join-the-team/, follow us on Twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn.
TSR is dedicated to creating an inclusive working environment that encompasses diversity and equal opportunities. We are committed to supporting a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.