We’re Hiring – Product Owner
We are looking for a Product Owner to join TSR Labs, the newly created innovation hub within The Student Room Group.
We are looking for a Product Owner to join TSR’s Enlitened team, the newly created fast-growth business within The Student Room Group.
Founded in 2001, The Student Room (TSR) is the UK’s largest, most useful and best-loved online student community. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
Enlitened delivers continuous improvement to both universities and university students to further deliver on our vision of ensuring that students get the best possible support in life.
Enlitened is a transformative global platform that will help students and academic institutions take a radical new approach to improving student engagement and well-being. A subject we are extremely passionate about.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building a ground-breaking product that will deliver significant social benefit, using the very latest technologies. You will be amongst the first members of a new fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
We have quickly gained momentum and following a very successful pilot will be going live with thousands of students across 5 institutions in August.
We’re a well-resourced team of people who all care deeply about the problem we’re trying to solve. We believe work should be exciting, challenging and meaningful in equal measure. Being a part of our growing team will give you the opportunity to shape our mission and culture as we grow. We’re looking for exceptional people who want to make students’ lives better.
You will work closely with our Product Manager, and development team to make sure that priorities are well and closely managed to get the very best out of the team.
Our development team is currently 6 Developers, as well as QA, Data Analysis and an experienced UX/UI Designer. We’re also adding a User Growth Manager, and Scrum Master in this current round of recruitment for the product/tech team.
What does success in 6 months look like?
- You will have fully understood the services and apps we have live as well as the feature backlog.
- You’ll have a deep understanding of our product vision and will be excited about contributing to a meaningful mission. You will define and advocate the product direction with input from key stakeholders.
- You’ll have developed a deep understanding of our users by attending user testing sessions (we have a usability lab in the office) as well as by frequently liaising with our Growth Manager, UX/UI Designer and Product Manager. You’ll use this understanding to develop and test product hypothesis.
- You will be keeping the team to their development goals by frequently breaking down the long term product roadmap to make sure that on a daily basis everyone is doing the most impactful bit of work they’re able to.
- You’ll be working daily on our development management software (we are using Clubhouse.io) to make sure that everyone is well organized. You’ll create Epics and User Stories for engineering teams, with acceptance criteria and wireframes and user flows as appropriate
- You will have developed a good understanding of development team members’ capabilities by frequently checking in with our Product Manager, Tech Lead, and SCRUM Master.
- You will work with QA to drive high quality, incremental continuous delivery
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures. You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains and help students globally.
You will also need the following experience or outlook:
- You will likely have at least 2 years experience in a business analyst or product management role.
- You’ll have an analytical approach to prioritizing activity and will be a very strong project manager.
- You must be an excellent communicator and effective at understanding peoples’ capabilities. You’ll be great at briefing on bits of work.
- Openness and a willingness to challenge new ideas and ways of thinking.
- An understanding of UX and best practices.
- Experience with product management related tools (e.g. Jira, Clubhouse, Sketch) is a plus.
Working at TSR – Benefits Include
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com
Strictly NO agencies please.