Targeting your Clearing 2019 campaign
240,000 students are waiting to hear from you
Last year, we had over 240,000 users* in our Clearing segment and 61,000 students voluntarily opted into our Clearing database with 50,000 students selecting one or more subjects they were interested in and wanted to hear more about from our partners.
With 60,100 students accepted through Clearing in 2018, The Student Room is the platform to access this audience.
WE’LL BUILD AN AUDIENCE BESPOKE TO YOU
We work with our clients to build a target audience that meets your campaign objectives.
Our unique targeting software captures users’ behaviour and identifies our audience’s requirements to create a precision-built Clearing segment for you to target. This data includes:
- Users proactively opting into our Clearing database and volunteering their information
- Engagement with Clearing & Adjustment content on site
- Pageviews and participation in relevant discussions
- Relevant searches on site and on Unimatch
We can then layer specific audience needs, such as location, study level and subject interests to generate the ideal audience for your campaign.
*The number of devices we could target where people had shown an interest in Clearing or Clearing-related content.
BETTER UNDERSTANDING, BETTER DATA
We’ve invested in new technologies to better understand our community. By personalising content to our audience and creating a better experience for them, we can in turn deliver a more effective campaign for our partners, ensuring their message gets in front of the right student, at the right time, in the right place.
Our audience aren’t thinking about Clearing just in August.
The application forum discussions start in March as The Student Room supports users throughout their whole journey, from revision and study help to exam season and Results Day and then into Clearing. That’s why we begin building our Clearing audience early-on.
- In March our Clearing, UCAS and Applications forum is already receiving over 30k visits a day
- We launch our Clearing data capture form
- Students turn to The Student Room for study help tools and advice as they revise for exams
- Some prepare for Clearing to be a possibility, start building your Clearing pipeline by engaging undecided year 13's and our applying to university segment early-on
- Exam season begins - 20th May
- Early engagers start interacting with our Clearing content and students become increasingly active in their decision-making
- The perfect time to get your pre-reg campaigns up and running
- The Student Room begins their Clearing campaign across email, social and on-site ads and there’s an intensive exams and revision push
- Students get a feel of how well they’ve done in their exams
- The Student Room experiences an increased trend in the search term 'UCAS Clearing' before Google - Talk to us to capture this audience
- Sign ups increase in our Clearing opt-in database (see graph below)
- #BeResultsProud campaign goes live to support students and reassure them as we lead up to Results Day
- Clearing vacancies go live on UCAS - 5th July
- A-level Results Day - 15th August
- Sessions in our Clearing, UCAS and applications forum peak on Results Day
- This is a highly competitive time for universities and many Clearing decisions can still be influenced
Clearing stays open for those students still undecided and unplaced