We’re Hiring – CEO
We are looking for a CEO to join Enlitened
Who we are?
Enlitened is a 25 person B2B SaaS start-up created by The Student Room Group – the UK’s largest student community, which has been supporting students for 20 years.
With Enlitened we are now on a mission to help universities (and later, schools and colleges) transform first student, then their staff, engagement and well being globally.
We are 18 months into our journey, with revenues, with a completely new category of product that drives continuous improvement in two highly strategic areas for universities.
We have quickly gained momentum, with considerable interest from across the Higher Education sector.
We have completed three successful UK pilots, signed multi-year agreements with four university clients, where we are now rolling out at scale. We have a healthy UK pipeline and early interest from overseas. Find out more at www.enlitened.org.
We are now looking for a CEO to drive growth and fundraise.
What does a CEO at Enlitened do?
We are looking for an ambitious and driven CEO to drive the growth of Enlitened in the UK and then globally. This is an entrepreneurial founder Chief Executive/CEO role, not a corporate CEO role.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing inspirational leadership and vision to the team, as well as to clients and the broader sector.
- Creating and executing a highly ambitious long-term company strategy, whilst ensuring the organisation is consistently delivering in the short term on its growth metrics.
- Listening and adapting with an entrepreneur’s soul, to the clients, market, and students, to develop highly effective strategies and products which drive product-market fit, enabling fast commercial growth.
- Understanding the market, student and customer needs, and competitors inside-out, and building strong industry relationships.
- Attracting and retaining the best leadership talent.
- Planning and executing fundraising, and maintaining excellent investor relations.
Key role responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a burning, irrepressible desire to build something great and the willingness to give their all to get there.
- Be a highly intelligent, logical and analytical problem solver
- Have high integrity, authenticity and personal humility
- Have excellent communication skills, paint a compelling vision and make fast, high quality decisions
- Be a highly competent and prudent manager
- Have delivered high growth and created high-performing teams that scale well
- Have a talent for evolving products to fit market needs and drive growth
- Be a metric driven manager, who is great at organisational design and performance management
- Have a hunger and talent for quickly and thoroughly learning a new domain
- Be used to fast-growth and constant change
- Have been a senior business leader and be familiar with a diverse range of business functions and P&L management
- Have experience of multi-country operations
You may also:
- Have a background in B2B SaaS
- Have experience in companies selling to large organisations with complex high value products
- Have experience of working within, or in organisations selling to, the complex and nuanced university sector
- Have experience of working on both consumer-facing and B2B products
- Have previous corporate finance experience
- Have been a CEO, CPO, CMO, CSO, Managing Director, General Manager
- Have an MBA, or other relevant degree
Working at TSR – Benefits Include
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays + your birthday day off
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter (including your salary expectations) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly NO agencies.