Student sentiment decks
Our Student Sentiment Updates provide a snapshot of the conversations young people are having on The Student Room. From these updates, you can read students’ own accounts of their thoughts, worries and experiences.
Latest deck: 31 October – 4 December 2022
Key insights from this deck include:
- Less than 20% of 2023 applicants are fully clued up on student finance
- Year 13s love in-person open days, but 40% of students still need virtual events
- Year 13s most want to talk to students studying their course of interest ahead of making their applications
- ‘Not being convincing enough’, ‘not having enough experience’ and ‘not knowing where to start’ are the three most common worries for students writing their personal statements
- The majority of Year 12s are already actively planning their post-year 13 steps (including starting applications)
- Opinion is split following HEPI call to reform personal statements
Complete the form to access our student sentiment decks.