We’re Hiring – Content Producer
We are looking for a Content Producer to join TSR Labs, the newly created innovation hub within The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
We’re Enlitened – set up by The Student Room (TSR) – and we’re transforming the way students and universities engage with each other.
Founded in 2001, TSR is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to TSR first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
To deliver further on TSR’s vision of helping students get the best possible support in life, Enlitened is here to enable continuous improvement in universities and their students.
Enlitened is a genuinely transformative platform that helps students and institutions adopt a radical approach to improving students’ learning experiences, mental health and well being. A subject we’re extremely passionate about.
As our content producer, you’ll be playing a vital role in helping to build a ground-breaking product that will deliver significant social benefit and invaluable support for individuals. You’ll be among the first members of a new, fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
We’ve quickly gained momentum and following a very successful pilot we’re going live with 1000s of students across 5 institutions in September.
We’re a well-resourced, skilled and motivated team who care deeply about the problems we’re helping to solve. We learn from each other, support each other, and celebrate each other’s successes. As a valued member of our team, you’ll have the chance to help shape our direction, culture and thought processes as we grow together.
Our capabilities, technology and the results we’ve delivered so far have led to significant support from the highest levels of the university sector.
The work we’re tackling is exciting, challenging and meaningful. And we’re looking for brilliant people who want to help make students’ lives better. 🙌
What will you do here?
Working closely with our Head of Content, you’ll play a leading role in sourcing, creating, commissioning and shaping the content that’ll be essential to supporting our audience of students, and client base of universities. The work you do will keep students engaged in the Enlitened app for years to come.
- Coming up with new article ideas for students to write.
- Reviewing and feeding back on students’ article content.
- Reviewing and selecting 3rdparty videos and articles that students have suggested we display in the app.
- Sourcing 3rdparty videos and articles from across the web, for us to display in the app.
- Sourcing, editing and managing the images we use for the app.
- Supporting our Head of Content in developing and populating our content map – identifying gaps and getting them plugged.
- Taking on board the outputs from our data analytics – shaping our content and strategy accordingly.
- Writing UX copy – headers and body copy for screens within the app.
- Writing articles for the app.
- Helping us devise and develop new content features for the app.
- Helping us source, test and develop new content formats (eg, podcasts).
- Mapping articles and videos to the questions our app asks students.
- Helping us track which stage of production each piece of content is at. At times, there’ll be 100s of pieces of content on the go, from dozens of students creating content, so it’ll take a lot of steering and managing.
- Alongside other members of the content team, making sure content gets tagged correctly before it’s uploaded to our system for publishing.
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
- Proven experience of creating and coordinating digital content, and creating and consuming a range of social media.
- An ability to create and source content that students will trust, get inspired by, and respond to.
- Genuine care and empathy for people. At TSR and Enlitened, the words we use can change – and save – lives.
- Degree-level education (or equivalent) – preferably in media, journalism or another subject related to our work. While you don’t need this to be able to write, it will mean you understand our audience.
- Experience of editing and organising images using, eg, Photoshop.
- A desire to learn. This is a fantastic development opportunity 👍 You’ll learn so much here – about people, education, technology, psychology, and organisations that are doing all sorts of wonderful work.
- A flexible, adaptable attitude – we’re constantly doing new things!
- A strong desire to do what’s needed to help us deliver our aims.
- The resilience to stay calm and positive when there’s a lot on – it gets very busy around here!
- Versatility – it’s not just about creativity and ideas. You’ll need to take on board new technologies and data insights. You’ll need attention to detail and organisational skills. It’ll often call for logic and rigour.
- Preferably, some experience of creating content for apps.
Working at TSR – Benefits Include
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly NO agencies.