We’re Hiring – Data Analyst
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join Enlitened
Who we are?
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join TSR’s Enlitened team, the newly created fast-growth business within The Student Room Group.
Founded in 2001, The Student Room (TSR) is the UK’s largest, most useful and best-loved online student community. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
Enlitened delivers continuous improvement to both universities and university students to further deliver on our vision of ensuring that students get the best possible support in life.
Enlitened is a transformative global platform that will help students and academic institutions take a radical new approach to improving student engagement and wellbeing. A subject we are extremely passionate about.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building a ground-breaking product that will deliver significant social benefit, using the very latest technologies. You will be amongst the first members of a new fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
We have quickly gained momentum and following a very successful pilot we are now live with thousands of students.
We’re a well-resourced team of people who all care deeply about the problem we’re trying to solve. We believe work should be exciting, challenging and meaningful in equal measure. Being a part of our growing team will give you the opportunity to shape our mission and culture as we grow. We’re looking for exceptional people who want to make students’ lives better.
What does a Data Analyst at Enlitened do?
You will work closely with our Head of Research and our Head of Product to analyse our evolving data set so that different areas of the business can learn from the characteristics and behaviours of app and software users.
You will work with different areas of the business to create new reports for ongoing assessment of the business and maintain our current set of reports.
What does success in 6 months look like?
- You will fully understand the current product suite that drives data collection and the business goals for the clients’ use of that data.
- You will have developed a deep understanding of the KPIs we’re using to manage the business and how we’re assessing development of those KPIs using current reporting.
- You will quickly understand the current PowerBI dashboards/ reports and take ownership and management of our reporting tools.
- This will include understanding our database infrastructure, Braze, Firebase and Google Analytics setups and how they produce data relevant for decision making.
- You will take a systematic approach to quality to ensure all data and reports are 100% correct and usable by the business.
- You will be able to work with different managers within the business to understand their needs and the analysis required to help them progress with their initiatives and project areas.
- You’ll then be able to effectively scope out and start working on those analysis pieces and will regularly be able to deliver valuable insight to the rest of the team.
- You will manage a backlog of report creation, maintenance and ad-hoc analysis requests and make sure that business priorities are well understood so that you’re using your time effectively.
Key role responsibilities:
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures. You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains and help students globally.
You will also need the following experience or outlook:
- You’ll have robust experience of working with PowerBI and will be confident in being the business’ expert on reporting and PowerBI.
- You’ll have demonstrable experience of working with large data sets to produce insightful analysis.
- You’ll be a self-starter who can scope out analysis projects and start working to produce valuable output in a timely way.
- You’ll be effective at communicating learnings from your analysis to the wider team.
- You’ll be a strong team person and will be able to communicate effectively with your colleagues.
- You will have an education in statistics/ data analysis or similar background that demonstrates a firm grasp of data visualisation and statistics.
- You will be confident in reading a database schema and understanding how different tables of data can be joined together.
- You may also have experience with analysis tools such as Matlab, Numpy, Minitab (or your favoured alternative)
- As a bonus, you will be capable of coding in Python and raw SQL for running additional analysis.
Working at TSR – Benefits Include
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays + your birthday day off
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter (including your salary expectations) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly NO agencies.
To stay up to date on all of The Student Room’s vacancies then follow us on Twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn.