We’re Hiring – Product marketing manager
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join The Student Room Group.
WHO ARE WE?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections .
WHAT DOES A product marketing manager DO AT TSR DO?
Working within our B2B Product Team, you will be responsible for managing the positioning, communication and roadmap of the Student Room Group’s commercial products with clear and effective go to market strategies.
Your role brings our commercial and product strategies together to drive sales and marketing effectiveness., building a strong, shared vision for all our commercial products.
You will be an expert in your field, as well as a product evangelist, playing a critical role in understanding our markets and buyers, building sales momentum through effective enablement, marketing and competitive strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital product marketer to increase market and team awareness of the value and benefits of our products.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate TSR’s business objectives, sales strategy, market opportunities, and product portfolio into product strategy and vision and a cohesive B2B product roadmap for each product
- Perform market research and analysis using primary (customer, partner) and secondary (analyst, sales) sources; use this to inform product development, positioning, pricing, and market strategies
- Own product marketing strategy, by developing product positioning, value propositions, and customer messaging that resonates with the buying audience and other stakeholders
- In conjunction with product management team and B2B Marketing team, lead the product launch process from product pricing and packaging, to sales team training, roll out and evaluation
- Influence product development through well-defined market and stakeholder requirements, gained through direct customer interviews and interactions with analysts and other market players
- Ensure product performance data is reported effectively to all key stakeholders, and issues/opportunities identified and acted on effectively
- Conduct competitor research to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, stay up to date with industry changes and trends, and build your expertise in Education and Youth.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company.
THIS WILL SUIT SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Demonstrable experience, ideally at a fast-paced technology or media company, in product management or product marketing
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information and reach data-driven conclusions about product strategy and market activities
- Excellent organisation and project management capabilities, and skilled at managing multiple busy workstreams with shifting priorities
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where initiative is rewarded and where you can work under little supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable conversing with a wide array of technical and non-technical stakeholders
Working at The Student Room
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.