We’re Hiring – Head of University Partnerships
We are looking for a Head of University Partnerships to join TSR Labs, the newly created innovation hub within The Student Room Group.
We are looking for a Head of University Partnerships to join the Enlitened team, the newly
created fast-growth business within The Student Room Group.
Founded in 2001, The Student Room (TSR) is the UK’s largest, most useful and best-loved
online student community. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on
work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
Enlitened delivers continuous improvement in student engagement and wellbeing, to both
universities and university students to further deliver on our vision of ensuring that students get
the best possible support in life.
Enlitened is a transformative global platform that will help students and academic institutions
take a radical new approach to improving student engagement and wellbeing. A subject we are extremely passionate about.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building a ground-breaking product that will
deliver significant social benefit, using the very latest technologies. You will be amongst the first members of a new fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
We have quickly gained momentum and following a very successful pilot will be going live with
thousands of students across 5 institutions in August. We are targeting 10 for September 2020,
after which we will aggressively drive significant UK and International growth.
We’re a well-resourced team of people who all care deeply about the problem we’re trying to
solve. We believe work should be exciting, challenging and meaningful in equal measure. Being a part of our growing team will give you the opportunity to shape our mission and culture as we grow. We’re looking for exceptional people who want to make students’ lives better.
At our current early growth stage, Enlitened requires adaptable, high potential individuals who
can ensure we achieve early success.
This role will be one of Enlitened’s management team. We will succeed together, decide on
future structures together, and carve out the roles most suited to us at each stage of the
- Securing the next 10 UK universities contracts by Jan/Feb 2020 to start in September 2020, and then many more beyond.
- You will be supported by introductions at exec level by advisers, but in some instances make your own connections.
- You will be supported by the CEO in early stage meetings
- Coordinate management and advisers to draw information and expertise to ensure we create an effective marketing communications and sales plan
- Finalise the list of prioritised target universities and focusing on developing brand awareness and sales relationships with the highest potential universities
- Exec ownership of creation of marketing and sales materials that are customised for different roles/client types
- Growth and management of the university partnerships team including, initially a Marketing and PR executive/manager
- Public speaking (shared with CEO/Client Success Lead)
- Beginning to evolve a more formal and documented sales approach and playbooks so
- that come 2020 we could roll out a more structured approach to a wider team
- Experience of working with Software as a Service, or other complex products would also be desirable, but not essential.
- We are not looking for a person with a classical sales background. Successful candidates are likely to have an interesting and varied career so far, which demonstrates their ability to excel in a range of roles. Albeit securing significant commitments/contracts from clients will be a part of that mix.
- Presence and credibility are key, but for the right individual, we know that does not necessarily mean decades of work experience. We believe in transformative people at all stages of their career.
- University or education sector knowledge and senior contacts would be very desirable but are not essential for someone who is clearly high potential and a fast learner.
- Highly credible with all stakeholders, including Deputy Vice Chancellors, Pro Vice Chancellors, COOs, Directors of Student Experience, Academic Registrars, Heads of Faculty, CTOs, technical contacts, DPOs and Counsel
- A highly organised person, both personally, and when organising others
- A reputation for committing wisely, but boldly, and delivering what’s promised
- Capable of project managing complex stakeholders and complex and nuanced sales processes
- Ability to juggle multiple complex tasks
- Able to read complex relationship structures and know where to focus to keep momentum high
- An intelligent and agile thinker
- Adaptable and happy to support in whatever way has the best impact on the business success
- A great team worker, who gets the best out of people within Enlitened and our university partners
- A natural challenger approach, who easily and naturally establishes credibility by sharing knowledge and learnings as an expert.
- Not afraid to (sensitively) say no, or to provide strong guidance to stakeholders even where it requires tougher conversations
- Great at building relationships and creating positivity and momentum
- Passionate about helping students
- A great listener
- High empathy and emotional intelligence
- Confident in creating momentum and closing the sale
- Happy and confident in turning hand to a wide range of tasks/subject areas/responsibilities outside a core sales role
- You will be comfortable with technology, but well supported by our Product Management and Technical experts, as well as our Psychologists, Finance, Contract and Data Protection experts when expert input is needed.
Working at TSR – Benefits Include
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com
Strictly NO agencies.