We’re Hiring – Key Account Manager (Education)
We are looking for a Key Account Manager to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does a Key Account Manager at TSR do?
Working within our education sales team, you will be responsible for managing and developing a defined list of university clients within a wider territory, alongside an Account Director and Account Manager, by growing revenue through new business and renewals, and developing strategic relationships.
The Student Room’s product range is a blend of traditional online advertising, social media engagement and research products, which help clients connect to our booming online youth community. You will develop into an an online advertising expert, so that you are completely confident in digital marketing terminology and the new and emerging technologies within the sector.
Key role responsibilities
- Proactively drive sales, be passionate about our products, developing and retaining our customer base
- Develop strong, long lasting relationships with key decision makers within a specified territory
- Build clear client development goals
- Create and execute a clearly defined sales plan to develop your territory
- Develop and deliver engaging, effective sales presentations that provide a clear message to all existing and prospective clients
- Ensure all CRM, pipeline and sales activity log requirements are completed efficiently and thoroughly
- Share market feedback with internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the sales team
- Be accountable for the successful delivery of client campaigns
- Ensure tasks are delivered on time and with accuracy
- Set, monitor and execute personal objectives
- Meet or exceed set KPIs and financial targets
- Report against KPIs and set targets regularly with your line manager
- Develop and maintain excellent levels of market knowledge/leads through networking, event attendance, trade press etc
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company.
This will suit someone who has:
- Able to evidence their proven sales successes and achievements to date
- Experienced in working with targets and KPI’s
- Self-motivated, driven and goal orientated with a high tempo work ethic
- Able to embrace and adapt to change
- Able to see the bigger picture
- Tenacious, driven and resilient
- Socially confident and can connect and understand different types of people
- Excellent at communicating both face to face, in writing and can deliver effective presentations.
- Organised and works in a structured manner
- Creative and curious and is prepared to ask questions and think outside the box
- Driven to succeed and sets high standards of themselves and others
- Experienced in client facing sales experience, working in digital and online media sales (desirable not essential) or fast growth, competitive environments
- Has experience working in the Education sector (desirable not essential)
- Degree or equivalent educated (desirable not essential)
Working at The Student Room
- Generous commission structure
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay up to date on all of The Student Room’s vacancies then follow us on Twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn.