We’re Hiring – Account Manager (Education)
We are looking for an Account Manager to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on education, work and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators with young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
Key role responsibilities
- Proactively drive sales, be passionate about our products, develop and retain our customer base through calls/emails, research, known contacts, networking and account management.
- Develop strong, long lasting relationships with key decision makers with a focus on the Student Education industry
- Ensure all CRM, pipeline and sales activity log requirements are completed efficiently and thoroughly ensuring KPI’s are met
- Share market feedback with internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the sales team and our client services team to ensure efficient management of clients’ campaigns from start to finish
- Regularly monitor your personal objectives
- Deliver engaging, effective sales presentations that provide a clear message to all existing and prospective clients
- Develop and maintain good levels of market knowledge/leads through networking, event attendance, trade press etc.
- Organise and deliver monthly client meetings with our University Partner Package clients
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company.
This opportunity will suit someone who has
- A passion for working on behalf of and for positive outcomes for young people
- Experience working with targets and KPIs
- A self-motivated, driven and goal-oriented approach and takes responsibility for their success
- Ability to evidence their proven sales successes and achievements to date
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change
- Social confidence with the ability to connect and understand different types of people
- Excellent communication skills both face to face, in writing and can deliver effective presentations
- Creative and curious mindset and is prepared to ask questions and think outside the box
- Drive to achieve commission and is financially motivated
- The commitment to become the best version of themselves at work
- Experience in working in digital and online media sales in fast growth, competitive environments (highly desirable not essential)
- Degree or equivalent (desirable)
What does a sales account manager at TSR do?
Working within our Sales Team, you will be responsible for managing a defined list of University clients. You will build horizontal and vertical relationships within your client accounts (and their media agencies) to understand your clients challenges and provide compelling marketing solutions. You will maintain and grow revenue by nurturing and developing our long tail prospective clients.
The Student Room’s product range is a blend of traditional online advertising, annual profiles, lead generation tools and research products, which help clients connect to our booming online youth community. You will develop into an online advertising expert, so that you are completely confident in digital marketing terminology and the new and emerging technologies within the sector
Working at The Student Room
We really care about our employees’ development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- Generous commission structure based on both personal and team targets
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will be fully-remote to begin, with a phased return to our offices by Brighton station. Moving forward, the role includes the possibility / option of remote working on either a temporary, permanent or mixed basis.
For the most up to date details regarding all of TSR’s current vacancies please visit http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/join-the-team/, follow us on Twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn.
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Salary: c. £27k per annum plus commission