We’re Hiring – Assistant Management Accountant
We are looking for a Assistant Management Accountant to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most-useful, and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we are uniquely privileged to connect educators and employers to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
As we grow and develop the business, we are now looking to recruit a B2B Marketing Manager.
What does the Assistant Management Accountant at TSR do?
Reporting to our Management Accountant, this is a role for someone with significant experience in financial roles (part qualified accountant desirable but not essential) with the intention to progress further in their career in Finance, with a strong academic record and the drive to develop. Equally important is your personality and mind-set. Are you a positive person? Do you have a knack of getting on and communicating well with people? Do you enjoy problem solving and helping others? Do you enjoy working with and interpreting data? Are you flexible? Are you questioning and open to improving processes to increase productivity and performance?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all of these things then we would love to hear from you. This is a great opportunity, and TSR will help you to truly excel through in our supportive environment and commitment to ongoing learning and development.
Key role responsibilities:
- Reconciling revenue through the Salesforce CRM to Sage 50 for campaigns within our B2B business
- Reconciling other B2C areas of the business revenue
- Assist in the preperation of monthly journals (deferred revenue)
- Possibly assist Finance Assistant with areas of Credit Control if required such as:
- Comms with clients ensuring timely payment
- Sales invoicing
- Maintaining and improving design of the Zahara Purchase order system and training of users
- Monthly purchase invoice nominal/department review
- Maintaining prepayment and accrual schedules and monthly journal creation
- Preparing supplier payment runs
- Possibly assist Finance Assistant with areas of Purchase Ledger if required such as:
- Uploading purchase ledger invoices to Zahara/Sage 50
- Responding to queries
- Ensure documentation for all expenses is complete, accurate and compliant (via systems People HR and Pleo)
- Process expenses
- Credit Card accrual journals
- Corporate Card management
- Maintenance of the asset registers for both tangible and intangible assets
- Create monthly depreciation journals
- Reconciling the bank to Sage 50
- Maintaining short term cashflow forecast
- Support the Management Accountant in the creation of monthly accounts for internal reporting
- Updating departmental Budget Vs Actual analysis
- Liaise with senior management for reporting and improvement purposes
- Historical cost analysis and use of judgement
- Assist with monthly payroll
- Quarterly VAT Returns
- Assist with annual budgeting
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company. You will be expected to perform other related duties as reasonably instructed.
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
- Experience of working with Excel, Outlook and Sage 50 (essential)
- AAT/ACCA or similar qualification (essential)
- Highly organised and able to work in a structured manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Ability and comfortable working to fixed and occasionally tight deadlines
- Willingness to get involved in the operational aspects of the role and to handle reporting tasks efficiently.
- Be bright, motivated with great numerical capability
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change
- Socially confident with the ability to communicate professionally and understand different types of people
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
Working at The Student Room
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness, and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly, and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- Flexible working environment – we are currently looking at ways in supporting anyone at TSR to work from almost anywhere and would welcome applicants who wish for remote working
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter
(including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com