We’re Hiring – Commercial Content Editor
We are looking for a Commercial Content Editor in the heart of Brighton.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
In July 2018 TSR won the Brighton & Hove Business Award for “Employer of the Year”. In November 2018 we were also finalists for the Sussex Business Awards “Employer of the Year”.
What does the Commercial Content Editor at TSR do?
As part of a small editorial team at The Student Room, you will take responsibility for our advertorial production process to deliver compelling feature and video content.
Reporting to our editor-in-chief, you will work closely with colleagues in our commercial department to understand the needs of our clients. You’ll work directly with those clients to brainstorm ideas for features, helping them pinpoint the stories that will connect them with our youth audience. You’ll identify brilliant freelance writers and provide them with clear and detailed briefs for each piece. And you’ll work closely with clients to agree edits to final copy before publication.
You’ll become an expert in applying TSR’s tone of voice to all the content you create, ensuring our paid articles never feel like adverts. You will be full of fresh ideas, with the initiative to take ownership of our commercial content proposition and drive it forward.
Key role responsibilities:
- Owning the commercial content booking calendar and ensuring all deadlines are met
- Working with stakeholders across the business to plan and deliver upon an ongoing content marketing strategy
- Liaising with clients to discuss each stage of the content creation process
- Constantly coming up with fresh and brilliant ideas for content
- Editing and proofing all commercial content, in line with TSR’s tone of voice and house style
- Using a range of content delivery methods, such as interactive quiz elements and ebooks
- Building a stable of highly skilled and reliable freelance writers
- Writing clear and defined briefs to commission freelance writers
- Briefing student vloggers on creating video content
- Building year-long content plans for deeper content partnerships
- Sourcing great illustrative photography from our clients and our stock libraries
- Keeping a close eye on content performance and implementing strategies to maximise content’s reach and engagement
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
- Proven experience with creating content for high-profile media publications
- Eagle-eyed attention to detail, with excellent sub-editing and proofreading skills
- Impeccable writing skills across a range of formats, methodical and meticulous with the day-to-day responsibilities of the role
- Degree-level education (or equivalent) in a media, journalism or otherwise related discipline
- A creative mind and the ability to think laterally when devising content concepts
- Proven experience of building a campaign content calendar based on your strong understanding of how to attract an audience to quality content
- First-class communication skills, with the ability to think strategically and creatively and be a strong team player (but also happy to work alone)
- The ability to take ownership and present solutions
- The capability to manage and prioritise your own workload effectively
- The ability to keep calm under pressure and when working to tight deadlines
Other desirable skills
- Experience of using a content management system (preferably Drupal)
- A contacts book full of fantastic freelance writers
- Experience of using image editing software such as Photoshop
- Experience of promoting content via social media
Working at TSR
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements – Full or part time applicants will be considered
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com
For the most up to date details regarding all of TSR’s current vacancies please visit http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/join-the-team/ follow us on twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn.
TSR is dedicated to creating an inclusive working environment that encompasses diversity and equal opportunities. We are committed to supporting a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.