We’re Hiring – Finance
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our fantastic team based in the heart of Brighton.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections .
What does a Finance Assistant at TSR do?
Reporting to our Management Accountant, this is a role for someone looking to build a career in Finance, with a strong academic record and the drive to develop. Equally important is your personality and mind-set. Are you a positive person? Do you have a knack of getting on and communicating well with people? Do you enjoy problem solving and helping others? Do you enjoy working with and interpreting data? Are you flexible?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all of these things then we would love to hear from you. This is a great opportunity, and TSR will help you to truly excel through in our supportive environment and commitment to ongoing learning and development.
Key role responsibilities:
- Reconciling the CRM system to invoicing requirements for campaigns within our B2B business
- Sales invoicing
- Contacting our clients to ensure invoices are received
- Taking responsibility for ensuring debts are collected on a timely basis
- Responding to customer queries
- Processing incoming paperwork
- Uploading purchase ledger invoices
- Obtaining authorisation for supplier invoices
- Preparing supplier pay runs
- Ensure documentation for all expenses is complete and accurate
- Process expenses
- Corporate Card management
- Maintenance of the asset registers for both tangible and intangible assets
- Banking customer cheques
- Entering bank transactions
- Administering the petty cash and reconciling monthly
- Responding to all incoming emails in a timely manner
- Opening and distributing all incoming post
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company. You will be expected to perform other related duties as reasonably instructed.
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
- Experience of working with Excel, Outlook and Sage 50 (essential)
- AAT/ACCA or similar qualification (essential)
- Highly organised and able to work in a structured manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Ability and comfortable working to fixed and occasionally tight deadlines
- Willingness to get involved in the operational aspects of the role and to handle reporting tasks efficiently.
- Be bright, motivated with great numerical capability
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change
- Socially confident with the ability to communicate and understand different types of people
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
Working at The Student Room
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , include a cover letter (along with your salary expectations) and your current CV.