We’re Hiring – Front-end developer (React Native)
We are looking for a Mid to Senior level Front-End Developer with experience in (React Native) to join TSR Labs, the newly created innovation hub within The Student Room Group.
We are looking for a Mid to Senior level Front-End Developer with experience in (React Native) to join TSR’s Enlitened team, the newly created fast-growth business within The Student Room Group.
Founded in 2001, The Student Room (TSR) is the UK’s largest, most useful and best-loved online student community. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
Enlitened delivers continuous improvement to both universities and university students to further deliver on our vision of ensuring that students get the best possible support in life.
Enlitened is a transformative global platform that will help students and academic institutions take a radical new approach to improving student engagement and wellbeing. A subject we are extremely passionate about.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building a ground-breaking product that will deliver significant social benefit, using the very latest technologies. You will be amongst the first members of a new fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
We have quickly gained momentum and following a very successful pilot will be going live with thousands of students across 5 institutions in August.
We’re a well-resourced team of people who all care deeply about the problem we’re trying to solve. We believe work should be exciting, challenging and meaningful in equal measure. Being a part of our growing team will give you the opportunity to shape our mission and culture as we grow. We’re looking for exceptional people who want to make students’ lives better.
Working as a key member of our front-end development team, this is an entrepreneurial role with responsibility for rapidly developing a brand new world-class React Native (Android and iOS) mobile application for students and React.js Single Page Application for clients.
You will work closely with our other front end React developers, graphic designers, backend developers, subject matter experts, and our Product Manager, whilst being inspired by feedback from pioneer clients and students.
What does success in 6 months look like?
- You and the team will continue to manage and improve the front-end of both the Client SPA and Student app.
- You’ll be doing challenging work looking at displaying complex data in a beautiful way, as well as building a best-in-class mobile app that continues to get excellent feedback for usability and functionality. We want you to be doing the best work of your career with us.
- You will have worked with the back-end developers to create and optimise the design of the API that the front-end will communicate with.
- The front-end will have evolved significantly based on the needs of our pilot clients and student feedback.
- The founding team you work with will run as an efficient and highly productive unit.
- You will work in a supportive manner with other team members and provide them with the support and coaching for them to grow.
We are looking for a Mid to Senior level Front-End Developer to play a central role in building the front-end of our platform; designing, planning and ensuring the best technologies and tools are used for the job. Working in conjunction with graphic designers, you will create beautiful app and web experiences.
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast from your colleagues and by keeping up with best practices. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures.
- Proficiency with React Native
- Single Page App experience
- A real passion for UI/UX and good attention to detail
- Graphing/data representation experience
- The ability to provide technical leadership and be able to demonstrate your approach to continuous learning and improving the way you develop.
Working at TSR – Benefits Include
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com