We’re Hiring – Head of Agency Accounts
We are looking for a Head of Agency Accounts to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful, and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does the Head of Agency Accounts at TSR do?
As a Head of Agency Accounts, you are a passionate advocate for the Higher Education sector, bringing your wealth of knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm to the fore to help The Student Room tackle some of the biggest challenges faced by our marketing colleagues in the sector.
You will be a senior member of the Sales Team at The Student Room, developing relationships with our core agency partners and building relationships across agencies and universities at the highest level.
Through your work, we will ensure our key partners receive the highest levels of service and are fully aware of the scope of opportunities available at The Student Room, you will take a strategic approach to building partnerships, managing contracts, and helping to ensure that at all levels, agency teams are motivated to make The Student Room the recruitment partner of choice.
You will also be a mentor to a direct report, who will be supporting you on executing your agency strategy and helping you provide the best possible service to our agency partners.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Develop senior level contacts across agencies and universities
- Negotiate agency contracts and rebates to drive The Student Room’s agency strategy
- Develop and execute an agency contact strategy to ensure all stakeholders are well versed in The Student Room’s offering.
- Work collaboratively with all internal stakeholders
- Be a passionate advocate of why The Student Room matters to our clients and our users
- Be an expert internally and externally within the online advertising space and the Higher Education industry
- Deliver engaging, effective sales presentations that provide a clear message to all existing and prospective clients
- Demonstrate leadership and mentor junior team members
- Strategic focus across entire territory, developing senior relationships in select accounts within wider patch
- Feed into product development roadmap
- Develop annual strategic plans for each client in excess of £100k per annum
- Set, monitor and execute personal and team objectives
- Develop and maintain excellent levels of market knowledge through networking, event attendance, trade press etc.
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
- Substantial client facing sales experience, working within digital and online media sales/agencies (desirable)
- Passion about the Higher Education sector (essential)
- High levels of initiative, is a self- starter and can work both autonomously and within a team
- Proven sales successes and achievements to date
- Experience of closely working with targets and KPI’s
- A driven and goal orientated personality with a high tempo work ethic
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change, is creative, curious and prepared to ask questions and think outside the box
- Ability to see the bigger picture, is tenacious, resilient and has a strong desire to succeed
- Capability to connect and understand different types of people, communicate at all levels with social confidence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presentation skills, is organised and structured in their approach to work
- A degree or equivalent level of education (this is desirable not essential)
Working at The Student Room
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness, and work-life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly, and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- Generous commission structure
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
Salary: c. £50-55K per annum depending on experience
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the most up to date details regarding all of TSR’s current vacancies please visit http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/join-the-team or find us on LinkedIn.
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.