We’re Hiring – Marketing & Engagement Director
We are looking for a Marketing & Engagement Director to join our fantastic team based in the heart of Brighton.
Who are we?
The Student Room is the UK’s largest, most useful and best-loved online student community. We attract over 10 million visits and 60k new members a month, because we’re trusted to provide unique help and guidance on all aspects of student life – from studying and applying to university, through to careers, relationships and mental health. Working with universities, brands and a wide range of government organisations and charities.
We’re now embarking on an exciting period of change and are looking for a Marketing and Engagement Director to help us shape the future of The Student Room, reach out to and engage with even more students and make a positive difference to the futures of millions of young people.
What does a Marketing & Engagement Director at TSR do?
Your core focus being the development and implementation of a world class, multi-channel, youth marketing strategy supported by a customer relationship management (CRM) process and authoritative and authentic content to attract, engage and register students.
The role would suit an inspiring and engaging leader, with a desire to have a significant impact on students’ lives. You will have a passion for marketing, and may have previously worked in a Marketing Director or senior marketing function. You will have a proven ability to think strategically to solve business problems and a track record of delivering business results through innovative and impactful growth strategies. You will have top level experience of working in an end-user focused environment, technology led initiatives and ideally empathy for and knowledge of the student experience.
Key role responsibilities:
- Directing improvements to TSR’s product (website, content and tools) to ensure users receive a superior experience
- Overseeing the planning, managing and delivery of cross channel CRM activity to members and potential members.
- Owning Marketing KPIs and growth objectives with responsibility for both budget management and performance
- Tracking and sharing Marketing KPI’s, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and identifying opportunities to accelerate growth.
- Leveraging customer insights and segmentation to design and implement highly effective marketing campaigns
- Developing touchpoint strategies and manage their execution to attract, engage and register students
- Maximising the profile data we hold on our members to enhance their experience and support our commercial goals.
- Working with key stakeholders to ensure TSR represents and amplifies the Student Voice both internally and externally
- Driving maximum impact from the student engagement & marketing team which you will line manage, including digital marketing, content writers, PR and community management.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company. You will be expected to perform other related duties as reasonably instructed.
Working at The Student Room
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please apply by the 17th of January 2020 and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , include a cover letter (along with your salary expectations) and your current CV.