We’re Hiring – Marketing Manager (Part-time)
We are looking for a Part-time Marketing Manager to join TSR Insight in Sheffield.
Who are we?
Based in Sheffield, TSR Insight is the research division of The Student Room Group (TSR) which offers a full-service market research and insight consultancy.
Founded in January 2019, following TSR’s acquisition of leading research and insight’s agency Vincent Consulting, which was established in 2008, TSR Insight has ambitious targets for growth and has an exciting offer for our clients.
Through innovative qualitative and quantitative primary research, secondary research, consultancy and our portfolio management MEDE Reports, TSR Insight is in a unique position to support clients in the world of youth marketing and education.
The Student Room is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does our Marketing Manager do at TSR?
Reporting to the Market Research Consultant, the Marketing Manager is an important new role at TSR Insight. It is a great opportunity to get stuck in and make a difference right from the start.
Working closely with the Insight Director, the team at TSR Insight, and our marketing and sales colleagues at The Student Room, you will play a key role in our plans for growth and making sure that current and future clients understand how our offer can help them.
You will be given the opportunity to initiate and be involved in a wide range of marketing and sales activities and be client orientated in your perspective on what works and what doesn’t work.
You will design and deliver our marketing plan including keeping our CRM up to date, designing communications collateral, implementing email campaigns and maintaining our online profile such as on LinkedIn and Twitter. You will make sure that all of our communications (email, proposals, reports, website and social) are integrated and consistent and clear, and able to work alongside TSR collateral.
Key role responsibilities
- Create and contribute to effective and creative marketing that resonates with our audiences, increase brand awareness and drive leads
- Working with the B2B and Sales teams at TSR to dovetail our marketing communications planning and delivery
- Email – Deliver email communications that drive engagement with our clients and nurtures new contacts
- Content creation – Research, write, co-ordinate and create a range of useful content designed to encourage leads and support clients, including; blog posts, articles, infographics, reports, video, podcasts, eBooks and more
- Sales collateral – Create sales collateral for TSR Insight to support the commercial team in their sales activities and conversations with clients
- Social – Work with the Insight Director to eolve our approach to how we use our social media channels Twitter and LinkedIn, and to develop and own a social media strategy that increases engagement and brand awareness with our new @TSRInsight account. Create social media guidelines for TSR to use when talking about TSR Insight, and for the TSR Insight team when talking about what we do
- Complete monthly reporting on marketing campaigns and social media in order to optimise for the future
- Work with the team at TSR to explore the best events to attend and contribute to. Organise logistics, making sure that the events we attend are run smoothly and are highly successful.
- Help us communicate as effectively as possible with our colleagues at TSR in Brighton.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company.
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
- Experience of using digital, social and direct marketing channels
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational, time planning and prioritisation skills
- Experience of using a CRM and MAP (marketing automation platform)
- An ability to create (and proofread) compelling copy
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to embrace, adapt to change and manage a busy and varied workload
We also need you to have:
- An organised approach to your work
- Commercial awareness with empathy for the needs of the team and clients
- Self-motivation, drive and a goal orientated attitude
- The ability to work independently and communicate effectively
- An organised and structured approach to work
- An ongoing commitment to personal and professional development
Working at the student room
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.