We’re Hiring – Programmatic Account Manager
We are looking for a Programmatic Account Manager to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does a Programmatic Account Manager at TSR do?
The Programmatic Account Manager is an exciting and important revenue driving role within TSR sales team. Working closely with, and reporting to, our Sales Director, you will take primary responsibility for the implementation, management and revenue optimisation of all programmatic advertising across our websites on desktop, tablet and mobile.
In addition, you will support the sales team on the delivery of our programmatic data sales proposition, providing consultancy to our clients on best practice in the programmatic ecosystem and ensure the amazing delivery of our programmatic campaigns
The role requires a good understanding of Real Time Bidding (RTB) protocol, Private Marketplaces (PMP) and direct integration across the full range of available programmatic formats. You will be using the DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) ad server.
Key role responsibilities
- Managing all programmatic sources of display ad revenue, closely monitoring and analysing eCPM’s, win and fill rates to optimise revenue.
- Liaise with programmatic technology partners including in order to run the day-to-day programmatic operations.
- Take a real interest in current and future trends in programmatic advertising and alongside the Sales Director, making recommendations to implement current and upcoming programmatic technologies to maximise revenues.
- Ensure the Group’s revenues continue to grow at significant rates across all programmatic channels.
- Analyse programmatic buying patterns to identify leads for the company’s traditional sales team.
- Account manage various clients.
- Work directly with clients to create a bespoke service, including but not limited to exchange-based performance media, audience-based buying and re-marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining offsite campaigns with special focus in ensuring that publisher clients get the most tailored service to their needs.
- Managing programmatic campaigns within DSPs from start to finish (including campaign, restructuring, tracking, budgeting).
- Produce high quality client-facing work within deadlines, with excellent attention to detail.
- Provide reports and analysis to clients: written, by phone and in person. From weekly summaries by email to end of campaign reviews presented in person to senior clients.
- Identify opportunities to up-sell.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company.
This will suit someone who has:
- Strong knowledge and experience in using DSP’s, specifically DV360
- Experience in setting up PMP’s and guaranteed deals.
- Understanding of current programmatic advertising techniques and future industry trends.
- A willingness to build on your existing programmatic expertise.
- Be a trusted source of advice for clients and an internal expert on the wider programmatic landscape.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in developing your knowledge.
- Must be an analytical thinker and commercially minded.
- Creative thinker and always looking for new ways to achieve aims.
- Strong listener, with the ability to take on verbal information and create actionable solutions.
- High level of organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Capable of working directly with clients as well as internal stakeholders.
- Ability to storytell using data.
- Enjoys overcoming challenges and driven by achieving outstanding results.
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal relationships, comfortable in front of client.
Working at The Student Room
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com.