We’re Hiring – Python Developer
We are looking for a Python Developer to join Enlitened
Who we are?
We are looking for a Python Developer to join TSR’s Enlitened team, the newly created fast-growth business within The Student Room Group.
Founded in 2001, The Student Room (TSR) is the UK’s largest, most useful and best-loved online student community. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
Enlitened delivers continuous improvement to both universities and university students to further deliver on our vision of ensuring that students get the best possible support in life.
Enlitened is a transformative global platform that will help students and academic institutions take a radical new approach to improving student engagement and wellbeing. A subject we are extremely passionate about.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building a ground-breaking product that will deliver significant social benefit, using the very latest technologies. You will be amongst the first members of a new fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
We have quickly gained momentum and following a very successful pilot from February to June 2019, we are live with thousands of students across 4 institutions as of January 2020 with planned expansion to increase this number rapidly throughout 2020.
We’re a well-resourced team of people who all care deeply about the problem we’re trying to solve. We believe work should be exciting, challenging and meaningful in equal measure. Being a part of our growing team will give you the opportunity to shape our mission and culture as we grow. We’re looking for exceptional people who want to make students’ lives better.
What does a Python Developer at Enlitened do?
You will work closely with our Data Scientists and Product Owners to come up with solutions to some of our most challenging reporting / statistical requirements within our two flagship products.
You will work alongside our team of experienced back-end and front-end developers to deliver those solutions in a technically sound manner, paying particular attention to producing clean, readable and testable code.
What does success in 6 months look like?
- You will have fully understood the services and apps we have, in particular the code-base which drives our intelligent algorithms and provides data for our analytical reporting dashboard.
- Our algorithms will have evolved, driving improved engagement from our userbase and having an increased performance.
- The platform will have evolved significantly based on the needs of our clients and student feedback.
- You will contribute to processes and practices to make our code base much more robust and scalable.
- The team you work with will run as an efficient and highly productive unit.
Key role responsibilities:
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures. You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains and help students globally.
- A keen interest in data science, machine learning and mathematics with a good understanding of statistical functions and the ability to translate statistical algorithms suggested by our data scientist into functioning code.
- Experience working with Python, preferably using the Flask framework.
- SQL database experience, preferably Postgres, but experience using other dialects also extremely useful.
- Degree or equivalent education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a similar relevant area.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to designing enterprise grade applications.
- Exposure to unit/integration automated testing processes and best practices.
- Experience using / developing / deploying with Docker containers
- An understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) i.e. ECS, Postgres/RDS Cloudfront
Working at TSR – Benefits Include
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays + your birthday day off
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter (including your salary expectations) and your current CV to email@example.com
Strictly NO agencies.