We’re Hiring – Sales Enablement Manager
We are looking for a Sales Enablement Manager to join The Student Room Group.
Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does a Sales Enablement Manager at TSR do?
The Sales Enablement Manager is a new and exciting opportunity. In short, the role is about driving and supporting our organisational sales effectiveness. Building on this, the role is focused on identifying and delivering new methods of developing sales from strength to strength.
Reporting to our Sales Director, you will work closely with all of our sales team managers and their sales teams, to drive performance. The journey starts with compelling customers interaction, right through to transferring essential knowledge which is clear and highly actionable. It continues with developing and providing the necessary tools, the resources, skills and knowledge to help accelerate the speed of sales. The aim is to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency, by building and developing processes, ensuring they are understood and where necessary, complied with a really exciting opportunity working across our sales, marketing and delivery teams, and benefitting the organisation as a whole.
Key role responsibilities
Sales Team Data and CRM:
- Develop a standardised way of using the Salesforce CRM across the company and work with the management team to ensure this is adhered to across the sales floor so that TSR can unlock more of the potential of the world’s most powerful CRM.
- Analyse sales performance to allow data led management conversations, sales coaching and clear performance management where needed.
- Provide a set of agreed, standard reporting functions for all key sales metrics, such as pipeline, forecast, sales activity etc etc and ensure they are kept relevant and up to date
- Ensure that all teams work off a single set of agreed reports.
- Look at all existing technologies that the teams are using to see how they can better support the sales team and if there are any opportunities here.
- Work to ensure that the time the sales team spend on non sales activity is minimised.
- Work with all teams to ensure that the sales team have a clear list of existing and target clients to go after. Ensure that the sales teams have the training and resources to act on this and that sales management has the data to see where there is success and where there are challenges.
- Analyse new initiatives so they can be optimised and rolled out to wider teams where we can see they are driving success.
- Constantly check in with the sales team to look for gaps in training, resources, systems and processes and then work with the relevant teams to plug these gaps effectively.
- Prioritise what support the sales team needs to that time and resource to provide this support can be provided according to its priority.
- Work closely with Trade Marketing to ensure that sales and marketing are completely aligned to maximise return on marketing activity, as well as embedding the processes so that this marketing activity can be tracked to an ROI wherever possible.
- Work with trade marketing to ensure that the sales teams have everything they need to follow up on the various sales promotions that the teams work on at set times of the year e.g Clearing.
- Work with all teams that have access to useful sales data and sales collateral so that it is made available in an easy to access format for both the sales teams and the clients alike. Also, ensure a clear mechanism for feedback on this material.
- Work with the sales teams to ensure that they are working off existing sales collateral and data vs recreating their own from scratch – particularly where this already exists elsewhere within the company.
- Work with delivery so that the post sales process is as smooth as possible for sales.
- Work with Sales, Management and Delivery to ensure that all clients get consistent service in line with their spend (potential spend or actual).
Training and HR:
- Work with HR and the wider teams to ensure there is a clear induction programme to get new starters up to speed as quickly as possible.
- Work with HR and wider teams to ensure that there is ongoing training and coaching for all the sales team so they are kept up to date with product updates, market changes and the continuous improvement of their day to day roles.
- Work with HR to ensure that all sales get an exit interview and that the questions cover Sales Enablement e.g feedback on training, sales resources, use of the CRM etc etc.
- Help ensure the flow of information across the various sales verticals, but also across the wider sales support teams to minimise silos and ensure that agreed best practice is followed across all sales teams.
- Work with finance and Sales Management to ensure that all targets and KPI’s can easily be monitored, reported on and analysed by both sales and sales management.
- Work with Sales Management to help deliver ad hoc performance drivers, such as end of month/week/new product competitions and targets. e.g a prize for the first person to sell a new product, get a testimonial etc etc.
- Work with Sales Management to support with data on any performance issues across dept so they can be dealt with in a timely manner.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company.
This will suit someone who has:
- Solid experience of working in a Sales, Sales Readiness, or Sales Enablement Role
- Proven ability to effectively work in a fast paced, technical environment.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills both internal and external to the organisation
- A successful track record of executing and delivering sales training, onboarding and enablement programs
- Experience in developing and maintaining professional relationships across an organisation, but particularly with sales professionals (from manager level to executive level).
- Passionate about developing and enabling others through quality coaching and training
- Familiarity with technologies such as Salesforce, Pardot, DFP, Google Analytics
- A keen eye for details
- Is practical in finding solutions after taking objectively analysing appropriate information
- A completer-finisher approach to projects
- A steady approach to day to day planning
- A Degree or equivalent experience
Working at The Student Room
- Generous commission structure
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com.