We’re Hiring – Technical Implementation Manager
We are looking for a Technical Implementation Manager to join Enlitened
Who we are?
Enlitened is a 25 person Software as a Service start-up created by The Student Room Group – the UK’s largest student community, which has been supporting students for 20 years.
With Enlitened we are now on a mission to help universities transform first student, then university staff, engagement and wellbeing globally.
Enlitened uniquely combines a student feedback and support app, and an actionable insights platform for universities. To power our insights, Enlitened integrates with university student record systems, data warehouses, and single sign-on systems.
We are 18 months into our journey, with a completely new category of product that drives continuous improvement in two highly strategic areas for universities.
We have quickly gained momentum, with considerable interest from across the Higher Education sector.
We have completed three successful UK pilots, signed multi-year agreements with four university clients, where we are now rolling out at scale. We have a healthy UK pipeline and early interest from overseas. Find out more at www.enlitened.org.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team working on a ground-breaking product that will deliver significant social benefit, using the very latest technologies in a technology start-up environment.
What does a Technical Implementation Manager at Enlitened do?
As an integral part of our Client Success Team, the Technical Implementation Manager will work closely with our clients, alongside both our sales and client success teams – pre-sale, throughout client implementation, and beyond.
You will also be an essential link between our Client Success and Product and Development teams, ensuring that the process of setting up clients and integrating their data is as friction-free as possible.
The role will be based in Brighton and include regular travel to UK universities. The role will be fast-paced, flexible and evolve as the company grows.
Key role responsibilities:
- Helping decision makers and technical contacts at universities understand the need for, benefits of, and workings of Enlitened data integration. This will encompass presentations to groups of senior decision makers as well as to 1 to 1 conversations with engineers and analysts.
- Helping universities understand Enlitened’s technical integration requirements. This will involve the creation and evolution of documentation, as well as coaching and managing clients through the process.
- Problem solving with university technical and data contacts to find the most appropriate data integration solutions for their situation.
- Ensuring that a solid, achievable project plan is in place, and then adhered to, by both the university and Enlitened teams.
- Motivating, engaging and influencing multiple stakeholders within our university clients.
- Responding to technical queries from clients
- Working closely with the Product and Technical teams to ensure the process for technical integration evolves and gets continually faster, more powerful, and more friction-free.
- Understanding the landscape of data integration in the higher education sector to ensure we continue to build on HE industry best practices.
On a typical day you might be:
- Administering system settings for institutions to provide clients with, for example, API keys and establishing their configuration on the Enlitened system.
- Organising or leading videoconferences with CTOs, data analysts, business analysts or engineers to understand the client needs or data infrastructure better; or to explain the Enlitened data integration approaches.
- Visiting our university clients to do similar.
- Creating a project plan for individual clients to work to, or following-up to ensure that plan is being stuck to.
- Liaising with technical colleagues internally, or with our clients, to understand what progress is being made, or blockers are in the way of successful progress.
- Liaising with your client success colleagues to problem solve where plans are off-track
You will be a smart, self-starting, highly motivated and positive individual who is comfortable in a fast-moving technical environment.
You will be able to travel within the UK, spending time at University campuses as well as at the Enlitened office in Brighton.
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will enjoy working in teams and know that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures.
You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains and help students globally. You will also need the following:
- Experience immersed in a technical environment. This experience may have come through SaaS data integration, or possibly through data analyst, business analyst, product owner, technical support, QA or client success roles.
- High level of technical literacy i.e. being confident discussing APIs, data models, data integration approaches with subject matter experts
- Ability to produce and read technical system drawings to aid clients in understanding how the integrations will function
- Confidence of working with a high level of autonomy
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to hold a room
- Project management experience
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines to meet deployment schedules
- You may have an appropriate technical qualification i.e. General Assembly, or Computer Science Degree
- Knowledge or exposure to the UK high education sector is an advantage but not essential
Working at TSR – Benefits Include
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays + your birthday day off
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter (including your salary expectations) and your current CV to email@example.com
To stay up to date on all of The Student Room’s vacancies then follow us on Twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn.