We surveyed over 1,100 respondents to understand student spending habits and give you a unique insight into what they purchase in preparation for university.
We also investigated which brands are most popular in the youth market when it comes to banking, telecoms, technology and retail.
This report reveals how students manage their money and what they spend it on. We found 56% of respondents rely on their student loan as their main source of income and the top element they spend their money on is food & drink followed by going out.
We learned 75% of students stated they did or will open a student bank account, 58% bought or planned to buy a new laptop and 29% are very likely or likely to upgrade their phone.
Key insights include:
- Behaviour and habits of students preparing for university
- Key influences on student spending
- Factors persuading students to switch bank accounts
- Top youth brands in banking, telecoms, technology and retail
- What students value when purchasing a new mobile phone or laptop
- Who makes the ‘back to uni’ purchases
These are just some of the insights we explored, download the full report to find out more.